Welcome to BUNS & BUNTING - Vintage celebrations.


Saturday 6 August 2011

Beaches & Bunting

The weather may not have been special in Norfolk for our family holiday, but this beach hut certainly was. Owned by a charming young family, the Coxton's of Norwich.

We happened upon this on our one sunny day during a dark and grey week in Cromer. We love Cromer though, and it's always lovely to be by the sea. This beach hut has apparently won competitions and it was an Aladdin's cave of vintage retro chic. I even spotted a Cath Kidston catalogue lying around under the Country Living spin off magazine "Coast" (which I used to buy regularly despite living just about as far from the sea as is humanly possible!).






I've always wanted a beach hut, but my husband says he "doesn't want the responsibility". So I may take over the garden shed instead, now that I'm inspired.


The flat we always rent has a lovely view onto the pier, although it was somewhat diffused by the salt sticking to the glass this time round. Normally by late July things have picked up (and the glass is clearer). It seems the good weather peaked in the Spring and we are set for another (yes, another...) mixed up Summer.

Meanwhile my long-suffering husband has nearly finished his book. He locked himself away even on holiday to work on the illustrations. I shall be glad when he has finished as he makes the best cakes and if there's one thing this dreary weather gives me an appetite for it's cake!

Meanwhile, today Buns and Bunting will be at the First Garden City museum in Letchworth for their fete. I hope the rain stays away and people come... it should be a lovely event! Pictures of THAT to follow soon.


2 comments:

  1. We normally head for the North Coast when we go to Norfolk - to Wells-next-the-Sea which has a stunning array of beach huts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maryom,

    Wells is lovely and has it's own distinctive character. And it's much easier to catch crabs than off Cromer pier! We love the whole stretch of North Norfolk. James's family are there and he grew up in that neck of the woods, so he often shows me old haunts. I love the big skies...

    Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete